This policy applies to you if you deal with Tribe in any way, including as a customer of Tribe products, a participant in promotional activities conducted by Tribe, a supplier to Tribe or a user of Tribe’s Website.
We are committed to the protection of your Personal Information in accordance with the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (as amended from time to time) (Privacy Act) and the Australian National Privacy Principles set out in the Privacy Act (Privacy Principles).
- What is “Personal Information”?
“Personal Information” is information or an opinion, whether true or not, and whether recorded in a material form or not, about an individual whose identity is apparent, or can reasonably be ascertained. Personal Information collected may include (but is not limited to) the following:
- name, postal, billing, email and social media (e.g. Facebook) addresses;
- contact details including telephone numbers (landline, mobile and fax); and
- payment details.
- When and why we collect Personal Information
- We collect your Personal Information to manage our relationship with you and perform functions and activities relating to our business as further described in clause 3.
- We may collect Personal Information such as your name, email contact details, billing and delivery addresses, and payment details when you:
- provide it directly to us or our agents or contractors;
- access and use our Website, including signing up to our email mailing list;
- request information about us, our products or services;
- request technical support or warranty assistance;
- provide feedback or make new product requests;
- fill in a form on our Website;
- participate in any of our promotions or competitions; or
- contact us by telephone, email, through social media such as Facebook, post or in person.
- We use the Personal Information we collect about you for our business functions and activities, which may include the following:
- to communicate with you and provide you with information, products or services you have requested;
- to manage and administer your account including in relation to all purchases, product tracking, deliveries, returns, exchanges, repairs, refunds and warranty claims;
- to promote and market our products and services to you;
- to inform you about upcoming events, special promotions or offers which we believe may be of interest to you;
- to facilitate your entry and participation in a competition or promotion;
- to contact you to obtain your feedback, to find out your level of satisfaction with our products and services and for other market research activities;
- to conduct research for the purposes of improving our services, creating new services or updating the product lines;
- to arrange for services to be provided by third parties;
- for internal operations, such as record keeping and data analytics; and
- in the event that we enter into, or intend to enter into, a transaction that alters the structure of our business, such as a reorganisation, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer, change of control, or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets or stock, for the purpose of facilitating and completing the transaction.
- We may also disclose your Personal Information if we are required to do so by law.
- We may collect and use your Personal Information for other purposes not listed above. If we do so, we will make it known to you at the time we collect or use your Personal Information.
- In order to carry out the above purposes, we may disclose your Personal Information to third parties that provide products and services to or through Tribe (including third party couriers), our suppliers, distributors, vendors, financial institutions, our professional advisors, and other parties to whom we are authorised or required by law to disclose information.
- We may also disclose your Personal Information to our Website host or software application providers in certain limited circumstances, for example when our Website experiences a technical problem or to ensure that it operates in an effective and secure manner.
- We will take all reasonable steps within our control to ensure that these third parties are bound by confidentiality and privacy obligations in relation to the protection of your Personal Information.
- The nature of the Internet means that some of your Personal Information may be transferred, stored, processed or used overseas by us or by third party service providers. This may happen if we outsource certain activities overseas or if transactions, information, services or products have an overseas connection. These services typically include data-storage related services.
- You consent to the collection, use, storage, and processing of your Personal Information outside of Australia.
- We may use your Personal Information to provide you with marketing material about us, our services, or products that we think may be of interest to you, including through emails, SMS, MMS, mobile push and other electronic messages, or by telephoning you. We do not disclose any personally identifiable information of our users to advertisers.
- You may opt-out of receiving marketing information from us at any time by:
- clicking on the “Unsubscribe” link included in any marketing email, SMS, MMS, mobile push and other electronic message you receive from us; or
- where no “Unsubscribe” link is provided, contacting us as specified in clause 10.
- We will not collect any Personal Information about users of our Website except when they knowingly provide it or as otherwise described below.
Click Stream Data
- When you visit and browse our Website, our Website host may collect information for statistical, reporting and maintenance purposes.
- The information collected by our Website host will not be used to identify you. The information may include:
- the number of users visiting our Website and the number of pages viewed;
- the date, time and duration of a visit;
- the IP address of your computer; or
- the path taken through our Website.
- Cookies are small text files that are transferred to a user's computer hard drive by a website for the purpose of storing information about a user's identity, browser type or website visiting patterns. Cookies may be either “persistent” or “session” cookies. A persistent cookie will be stored on the user's computer and will remain valid until its set expiry date, unless deleted by the user before then. A session cookie, on the other hand, will expire at the end of the user session, when the internet browser is closed.
- If you access our Website, a cookie may be downloaded onto your computer's hard drive when you first log on to our Website. Our Website may use both session cookies and persistent cookies.
- You can adjust your internet browser to disable cookies, or you can delete cookies already stored on your computer, however, we may not be able to provide you with all the service or functionality you require on our Website if you choose to do so.
- You are entitled to access Personal Information that we hold about you. If you request access to your Personal Information, we will grant your request unless providing you with access would unreasonably impact upon the privacy of others or is not otherwise permitted under the Privacy Principles. If we refuse your request to access your Personal Information, we will provide you with reasons for the refusal.
- A request for access can be made by contacting us as specified in clause 10.
- We aim to keep your Personal Information secure and up to date. Any Personal Information which is held on our systems is protected by safeguards including physical, technical (e.g. firewalls, SSL encryptions etc) and procedural methods.
- If we find that we have no further need for your Personal Information we may remove it from our systems and destroy all record of it.
- You can update your contact and Personal Information at any time by contacting us specified in clause 10. We welcome notification of changes to your details so we can keep our records up to date.